Thursday, March 31, 2011

"I'm not just trying to shit stir..."



I've posted before about my mind blowing experience visiting MONA just days after it opened, here and here. Now thanks to the abc iView player and Artscape, you can have your own visit from your desk/armchair....as well as an up close and candid (kind of) view of David Walsh, the owner of the collection. 
I kind of get the feeling he didn't really like the interviewer, but, you get the feeling he doesn't like the press in general either! I love his mix of eccentricity and contemporary-art appreciation, contrasted with his no-nonsense-Aussie-intolerance for bullshit. With all of the hyperbole surrounding the museum, he claims he's not just trying to shit stir, but I think secretly he realises the value in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment