Friday, April 30, 2010

Big Bambu

This project is making me want to go MIA in NYC asap. Doug and Mike Starn are creating an amazing evolving sculpture on the roof of the Metropolitan Museum of Art called - Big Bambú: You Can’t, You Don’t, and You Won’t Stop. Which of course is making me think Beastie Boys - and getting me all side tracked reminscing about every college party I went to that had 'Ill Communication' as its soundtrack in the mid 90's.
But I digress - the sculpture is being assembled with the help of rock climbers, (a reliable type of person I've always found), and will evolve over the time that it's installed (April - October of this year). It's meant to be a marriage of sculpture, installation and performance representing a cresting wave with phenomenal views of the Manhattan skyline. I desperately want to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment